Friday, December 24, 2010

A Very Suburban Christmas

As I sit at home drinking South African wine chatting about loving New York (a complete 180 from last year), loving my friends (as always) and loving the great group of men in my life, I felt compelled to switch the channel from I.D. to Lifetime to enjoy some romantic comedies surrounding the holidays.

And, thus, please enjoy my holiday inspired post: My Top 5 Holiday Movies (on Lifetime and otherwise):


5. Elf

Um, if you don't like Elf, then you are completely out of your mind. And I feel sorry for you. Don't worry, there's usually an Elf marathon on TNT Christmas Day.

4. How The Grinch Stole Christmas 
(cartoon version)


I've been watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas every year on Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember. Not only is it a childhood favorite, but it remains one of my favorite traditions (alongside exchanging one gift before bed). Note: I can't watch the Jim Carey remake. It gives me the creeps.

3. The Family Stone

I absolutely love this movie for a number of reasons. Aside from the incredible story line and great cast, it reminds me every year of the importance of family, especially during the holiday season.

2. Love Acutally

I pretty much die for this movie. I can't let the holiday season go by without watching it at least twice. And it's one of my top three go-to movies when I need a little romantic comedy in my life.

1. A Christmas Story

If you don't love this movie and watch it on repeat starting at 8pm on Christmas Eve then you have a cold, dark heart. Fa-ra-ra-ra-raaaa ra-ra-ra-raaaa!



What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?

0 notes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...