Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Mixtape Obsession

I can't stop. Lately, I just can't stop downloading mixtapes. It's incredibly tricky... given that every time I plug my iPhone into my computer iTunes pops up and says "Your phone is full! Womp! Womp!" But I just close my eyes, click "sync" and hope for the best.

Here are my current favorite downloads:

Jhene Aiko // Sailing Souls
[download]
Introduced to me by Maiya over at Blind I For The Kids, this tape is extra smooth. It's one of those laying in bed, shades drawn, no talking, body warming compilations.

Jae Franklin // Always Needed You
[download]
Okay, I proudly (sort of) admit that I am one of those people who listens to music, memorizes all the lyrics, but could never recall what they say. I can't help it - I'm always too caught up in the harmonies and trying to find ways to add my own riffs on top. This mixtape makes me LOVE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC. The HARMONIES. Ugh, I can't. I mean, obviously, I can.

Zeyi // Working For Bill
[download]
Yeah, I know him. But that's not why I'm noting his mixtape as one of my top listens right now. Working For Bill is a work of art that happens to have been completed by one of my peers. It's incredibly fun, thoughtful, and striking. Download immediately.

Miguel // Mischief
[download]
By no means new, I couldn't let this list of current favorite music go by without a note about Miguel. In fact, I don't think I have to say much else aside from LED microphone (if you've seen recent performances, you're right there with me).

DJ NYACK // Dwele Tape Vol. 2
[download]
This mix makes me want to take my clothes off, put on my softest robe, pour a glass of wine (with the rest of the bottle on standby), and ignore the world. It would also go well with hookah, sunsets, sexin', and love.

What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Yesssss! I cosign all of these....Great post and thanks for the new music Mai!

    ~Allie
    http://www.fiercelyfashionable.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a mixtape you have to download immediately if you haven't already. DJ Nyack's FatBellyBella Tape....all Erykah Badu!

    http://iloveneosoul.com/?p=615

    ~Allie
    http://www.fiercelyfashionable.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...