Friday, July 1, 2011

Style Scene Exhibit

As an avid reader of LoveBrownSugar, I took her post announcing this event to be a personal invitation for me to attend the Style Scene Exhibit at Bar13. Duh.



I attended with my favorite girls and had one of the best New York City Summer Nights... you know, the ones you look forward to as soon as the summer solstice hits? Yeah. One of those.

Co-hosted by Christina of LoveBrownSugar and Lowefactor, the event was put together by The Victoria Agency. Bar13 provided the drinks and a new company by the name of Stuff Yo' Mouth provided light bites (those sliders were to die for).

I had hoped for an actual fashion presentation with live models and live fashion, but settled for imagery of each stylist's work scattered alongside the walls of the roofdeck. Young black New York (including my girl Carolyn of the super hip new brand, Aliomi) was out in full force and the night progressed to the sounds of the city and glasses clinking at the bar.

I left with a cute little giftbag with an issue of Uptown Magazine inside. My girls each left with their very own pair of Stevie Boi shades (straight up Snooki style).

© writing with wine. taken with instagram, nashville filter. 

Summer time in New York City reminds me why I moved here - glad to kick if off with this great party by The Victoria Agency, LoveBrownSugar, and the Lowefactor.

0 notes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...