Sunday, October 23, 2011

Girl About Town: Fabsugar x Frye x Bloomies

Saturdays are often classified as "Maiah Days." 

They usually involve minding my own business, shopping, indulging in manicures and pedicures, and roaming the city. I live for these days.

Excuse the iPhone photo!
On the 22nd, I added a quick bit of fashion fun to my weekend routine by attending a cute event thrown by the FabSugar girls. They partnered with Frye and Bloomingdales (59th Street Location) for a small little celebration. Between how much I adore the Sugar, Inc blogs and how much I love my Frye Boots, it was a no-brainer that I'd have to attend.

The event was intimate. It occupied a small corner of the Shoes on 2nd area of Bloomies and was booming with women. A DJ played smooth beats while we oogled at the boots and models posed - each in an outfit with a pair of Frye boots styled by a FabSugar editor.

The super casual nature offered a nice event experience. While I didn't stay long, I did enjoy myself. I sipped on some bubbly, entered to win a pair of boots for myself, and drooled over the Carmen Harness Short Boot and the Dorado Lug Riding Boot. I'm a proud owner of the Jane, but should I ever find myself in need of another pair of leather riding boots, I'm going Dorado... or Carmen... or Dorado. 

I was tempted to try a few boots on but there were Frye fanatics everywhere. After hugging the Dorado goodbye, I made my way back to the streets of midtown. But not before trying on a few pieces of David Yurman. Clearly, this girl has a shopping problem.

P.S. Many thanks to Cristina at Sugar, Inc. for the kind email!

0 notes:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...